GREAT COACHES CHANGE THE GAME
At the heart of Coaching Corps is a group of trained, committed individuals from across the country who guide the next generation by dedicating their afternoons to serve as coaches. With their dedication, we can work to ensure that all youth living in underserved communities have access to the educational, social, and physical benefits of playing sports.
Research proves these many benefits for youth and we are proud of what we have accomplished together with the help of our coaches and community partners:
Well-trained Coaches Are Positive Role Models
Effective coaches play critical roles in maximizing the benefits of sports for youth development:
- Increased high school graduation rates and better attitudes about school and learning
- Higher college enrollment rates and higher
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Improved behavior, both at home and at school
- Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, peers
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Decreased likelihood of drug and alcohol use
RESEARCH LINKS SPORTS PARTICIPATION WITH CRITICAL BENEFITS FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Coaching Corps aspires to make it just as likely that youth in low-income households have access to a trained coach and high-quality sports environment as peers from more affluent households.
Each year, there are an estimated 3.7M youth who participate in afterschool programs across the U.S. and who could benefit from the type of supports that Coaching Corps provides.