Coaching Corps invites you to Take the Field and join in the effort to bring volunteer coaches and team sports to kids in struggling communities. For a suggested donation of $5, attendees will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play on the field at the world-renowned AT&T Park on Saturday, August 17 from 1 to 5 p.m. Visit the multiple Sports Zones with Coaching Corps coaches or witness our Splash Hits participants accepting the ultimate challenge of hitting a ball into McCovey Cove in our Splash Hits Derby. You’ll also have the chance to meet legendary coaches and athletes and take pictures in the dugout or with the World Series trophies .There will also be chances to win prizes like an autographed Ken Griffey, Jr. jersey, Pete Carroll football, tickets to the San Francisco Ballet, Gilroy Gardens, and more throughout the day. Your donation ensures that all kids, no matter where they live, have the chance to experience the many benefits that come from playing team sports with a supportive coach.
Take the Field Activities:
- Splash Hits Derby – From a designated batting zone, aspiring sluggers will have the opportunity to crush a ball into the iconic McCovey Cove during the Splash Hits Derby.
- Activities and Games Led by Coaching Corps Coaches – Event attendees of all ages can enjoy:
- Sports Zones –
- Basketball (half-court terrafloor)
- Batting Cages
- The MVP Corner – providing attendees the chance to meet and receive autographs from legendary coaches and athletes
- Major League Access – including ballpark tours and the chance to take photos in the dugout and with the Giants’ World Series trophies
- Sports Zones –
Parking for Take the Field can be found in Giants Lot A for just $10.00. Enter Take the Field from the Main Plaza and enter either the preregistered or registration lines. Be sure to bring sunscreen and come prepared to have a GREAT day!
Professional Athlete/Celebrity Guest List:
- Dave Stewart of the Oakland A’s, 3-time World Series Champion and World Series MVP (’89)
- Dave Henderson (aka Hendu), World Series Champion (’89)
- Rickey Henderson (aka Man of Steal), Hall-of-Famer, World Series Champion
- Amy Gutierrez, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area In-Game Reporter
- Bret Hedican, two-time U.S. Olympian
- Dave Dravecky, San Francisco Giant (1982-1987)
- Ahmed Fareed, studio host and reporter for Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
- Sonny Dykes, Head Football Coach at California
- Cynthia Barboza, outside hitter for the U.S. National Women’s Volleyball team